Ho Yu College and Primary School (Sponsored By Sik Sik Yuen)
Application for Secondary One Discretionary Places (2018-2019)
I. Application Procedure
1. Application forms can be obtained in the following ways:
i. In person from the General Office on G/F of our Secondary School Building
Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 12:00 nn
ii. By mail
Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to 4-6, Kin Tung Road, Tung Chung,
Lantau. Please indicate on the envelope “Secondary One Discretionary Places
Application form download
2. Application period: 2nd to 17th January 2018 (both dates inclusive)
3. Completed application forms should be submitted to the General Office in person
during office hours together with the following documents:
i. Application Form for S1 Discretionary Place issued by the EDB (Our school
code is 505)
ii. Photocopies of P.5 (First and Second Term) and P.6 (First Term) school report
iii. A photocopy of a document showing the residential address (e.g. electricity /,
water / telephone bill, bank statement)
iv. A photocopy of applicant’s identity card or birth certificate
v. One self-addressed stamped ($2) envelope
vi. One recent photo
4. There is no need to provide recommendation letters of the primary schools.
5. Photocopies of certificates or records for co-curricular activities and community
service will not be collected when forms are submitted. However, applicants should
bring along the original copies to the interview for verification purpose.
6. Once submitted, the Application Form for S1 Discretionary Place cannot be
cancelled or retrieved.
7. All documents submitted are solely used for school places application and will not
1. All applicants will be invited to attend an interview on 10th March 2018 (Saturday).
Details of the interview will be sent to applicants by mail in due course.
2. The interview will be conducted in both Cantonese and English.
3. Students’ abilities, such as their command of Chinese and English, communication,
problem solving and critical thinking skills and their general knowledge on current
affairs, mathematics and science will be assessed.
4. Parents are strongly encouraged to accompany their children to the interview.
III. Admission Criteria and Weightings*
Criteria Weightings (%)
Academic Performance (School results and rank order provided by the EDB) 20%
Co-curricular activities / Services / Awards / Special talents 20%
* Prior consideration will be granted to applicants with siblings studying or studied in our
school or with very good academic performance and conduct.
IV. Interviewing Committee
Members of the Interviewing Committee include the Chairman of the SMC (or his
representative), Principal and teachers.
V. Announcement of Results
The results will be announced on 10th July 2018 together with the Central Allocation
results by the EDB.